Sunday, January 10, 2016

Subjective Critique

Subjective Critique:

Upon my initial viewing of this piece, it was more confusion than disdain.  It was as if my brain couldn't make sense of what was going on or which way the woman was actually facing.  Though it stated in the title that she was weeping, at first, I just thought she had a cold as it looked to me like she was coughing into a Kleenex.  
My eyes were drawn to the cool colors in the center of the image thus my initial conclusion. Another reason that it gives me pause is the way Picasso took apart the parts of her face and hands.  It makes the piece kind of scary to me.  I think if I was to remake this I would want to make her face forward, as well as try to have her different attributes make sense to the viewer.
I would like to have the background kind of fade and have her be the main focus. I would also like to have her have tears on both sides and have her expression gives the meaning of the painting.

I will probably keep the blossom as I like how the hair seems to be flowing from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment